I recently got back from a trip to the West Coast. I've been to San Francisco a few times so for this trip I decided to stay just over the Golden Gate Bridge at Ft. Baker/Cavallo Point. What a great way to actually see the city. The views of the skyline from the north are gorgeous. I was so happy as I have a love of historic places and our lodging was a turn of the century house. Most of the hotel rooms are former officer's quarters as the whole resort is built into a NPS military site. Here's an overview of my trip and the locally made items you can find in the city by the bay.
Day 1 : Marin Headlands, Point Bonita Lighthouse, Sausalito, Heath Ceramics Warehouse
Day 2: San Francisco- via the Sausalito Ferry. Plus, The Real SF Tour- an 8 hour walking and mass transit tour that takes all over the city
Day 3: Muir Woods, Stinson Beach, Pt. Reyes Station
Day 4: Design District to check out furniture stores, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park and Cliff House
Going Local :: San Francisco
I have highlighted items from artists based in San Francisco. Each item was chosen specifically to represent an area or place within the city or bay area.
1. Ferry Building : foodie hotspot + artisan wares ::: white linen apron via Studio Patro
2. Alamo Square : iconic image of victorian homes with the skyline in the background ::: letterpress print via in haus press
3. Ft. Baker : turn of the century architecture makes you feel like you stepped back into 1901 ::: industrial metal cage light via Ind Lights
4. Mission District : inspired by the vibrant murals of Clarion alley ::: native quilt pillow via shapes & colors textiles
5. Golden Gate Park : larger than Central Park in NYC + bison and windmills ::: grassy knoll soap via soap
6. Haight-Ashbury : makes me think of flower power and the late 1960's ::: bright pink scarf via c. banning accessories
7. The Bay : what makes San Francisco ::: skyline on walnut via DMWR
8. Design District/Potrero Hill : a warehouse area with lots of furniture stores ::: walnut media console via jeremiah collection
9. Silicon Valley : apple, google, etc ::: iPhone 6 cherry wood stand via your nest inspired