I'm really enjoying putting together these vignettes for our 'Style My' posts. I've been going through some of my favorite items and then thinking about how I can create a whole space or outfit around that one item. For this installment I wanted to use a vintage piece of furniture and work around it. The item is a midcentury desk, but it definitely can used as a vanity area as well.
I love the simple clean lines of midcentury design, so it's important to let the piece show through and not keep it cluttered. I like this desk/vanity, because it has plenty of drawers to store your brushes, makeup, etc. For pieces you need easy access to like necklaces, rings or bracelets I picked out ceramic pieces with fun patterns or colors. Add a statement piece mirror, a vase for fresh flowers and task lighting and you have a vanity area that's stylish and practical.
Vanity :: Midcentury Mix
1. etched brass necklace :: shop rare bird
2. vintage lucite bangle :: susantique
3. ceramic jewelry holder :: love bug kiko
4. walnut table lamp :: mood design studio
5. blue mirror :: mirror cooperative
6. herringbone tray :: ebenotti
7. vintage mcm danish desk :: uptown heirloom co.
8. vintage pottery vase :: mungo and midge
9. faceted jewelry box :: oh dier living
10. gold and white polka dot bowl :: the clever little fox
11. break bar stool :: petrified design