When my eyes encounter patterns, there is a very happy feeling which switches on in my brain. I know a big smile comes over my face because I find patterns to be really pleasing to the eye. I see patterns as a form of organization and I love things to be organized, so I guess it's a natural fit! Today I went for a really bold and colorful look, combining organic patterns found in nature along with modern and geometric patterns. I'm not suggesting that you surround yourself with this sort of pattern play - but here on my virtual canvas, I wanted to challenge myself a bit. What I found was that the idea of a neutral palette that was accented with bright and mismatched patterns was actually really intriguing!
Tell me your thoughts in the comments below - how do you surround yourself with patterns?
Inspired By :: Patterns
1. market spice bali design wood frame :: mmim
2. vintage camel saddle bag :: lovintage finds
3. modern waterlily stamp :: creatiate
4. screen printed set of 3 zipper cases :: cloth and ink
5. moroccan patchwork mosiac :: romy and clare
6. original watercolor painting :: francesca lancisi
7. arrows recycled decorative pillows :: project sarafan
8. geometric wall decor art block :: red tile studio