It's that time of year again. Where you gather up all your purchases and start wrapping them up. One way to really make them your own is to create your own custom wrapping paper and gift tags. Sarah Kathryn of Creatiate shares how she designed her own packaging with plain paper and stamps from her shop.
What you will need:
1. brown or white craft paper- I found some from knot and bow
2.baker's twine- from the stationery room
3.parcel gift tags- from Inkkit
4.washi tape- from paper and present
5. stamps, ink and acrylic backing can all be found in Sarah Kathryn's store- Creatiate She has a variety of stamps for any occasion and also does custom designs!
6. craft scissors- hopefully you have some at home
There are lots of stores on Etsy where you can shop for supplies, but this should get you started in the right direction.
Now that you have all the items you need to create your personalized paper and gift tags. Here are the steps to get your there.
1. Roll out a sheet of paper and make sure you have it completely flat.
2. Choose your ink color and stamps.
3. Go with a simple repeating pattern or mix it up!
4. Get out your tags and stamp them in coordinating colors.
5. Tape your gifts with a fun washi tape to add a splash of color and
then use colorful baker's twine to tie the gift tag to the package.
6. Admire your hard work!
Handmade gifts are wonderful, but handmade packaging makes them even more special. They were made with love and care by you!
A big thanks to Sarah Kathryn for sharing her beautiful packaging ideas.
Remember you can make your own packaging with the tools above and don't forget to check out Creatiate for some awesome stamps to get you started on creating your own gift wrap!