1. Where is your studio located? Give us a sense of the town or city where you reside through a photograph.
My Studio is located in Playa Del Rey, California. Its a beach city in Los Angeles, just south of Venice Beach.
Its a quiet beach town, but still close to everything Los Angeles has to offer.
2. How did you get started in your craft? What inspires you?
I've been making things for as long as I can remember. My grandma taught me to sew when I was 5, and I don't think I've stopped since.
I graduated from college with a degree in fashion design, and in addition to my Etsy shops, I also work as a designer for a clothing company in Downtown Los Angeles. A lot of the fabric I use for
is salvaged from the leftover production fabric remnants of my day job.
I look for inspiration everywhere- street style, fashion blogs, and museums. Sometimes I need to escape from fashion and look for inspiration at the beach or park with my boy.
My son is my unofficial mascot, and my inspiration for my baby and kids line (
3. What are the top 3 tools that are most important in your craft?
My sewing machine, fabric and a good pair of scissors!
4. Does music play a role in your creating or do you like to work in silence?
My father and brother are musicians, and music has always been a big part of my life. I often have music playing when I work, although there are times when all I want is silence, as I'm sure most mothers of young kids can appreciate.
5. What are the greatest rewards of creating something that is handmade?
I love making things, to me there is something so satisfying about taking a pile of fabric and turning it into something. Especially when I can take something old or destined for the trash and make it into something new.